Monday, January 25, 2010

Ariving on the 18th

So the flights were ok. on the way to dallas i sat by a New Zealander. pretty cool. I guess he was in the air force. On my second flight to Paris, I had a window seat and the seat next to me all to myself which was awesome for when i took my sleeping pill. I woke up when we landed and looked at my watch to see it was only 4 am in paris, which made me confused cause i knew we were supposed to land around 9am. it turns out we were in New York and had to switch planes for whatever reason. I was super groggy cause of my sleeping pills so i never got to find out what was wrong. We all had to just sit in the terminal for an hour or so until we got our new plane. I was able to get the row to myself again and slept the rest of the way. I also ate tons knowing that i prob wouldn't eat a ton when I landed. I'm ok with landing late in paris because today is pretty lazy and all i'm doing is sitting around... that's all i really want to do. I'm super tired...

I went to check out my hotel that was reserved but it ended up being in a pretty sketchy part of town. Professor Ricks doesn't have a car but he decided that i shouldn't stay there so he took me to his apartment and we checked out the hotel across the street where i ended up staying. It was really cute. the room was small but it was just right for the just me on the first night. I hung out with Ricks and his wife and two sons. they have wii in their place and i ate dinner with them. I'm actually on sister Ricks' computer. it's nice to be early to get comfortable with the place and get to know the family.

It's the second day now. Last night i woke up at around 1 and had a hard time going back to sleep. I ate some of the chocolate i brought and was able to go back to sleep. I had to wake up at 6 to meet up with Ricks and go to the new hotel to meet up with the other kids. Only one girl came so we dropped off our luggage and went off on our own and checked out Notre Dame! it was fun.

I already feel really comfortable here. The Metro is really easy to navigate. It's really simple. I'm liking Paris. I already feel like i own the City.

No comments:

Post a Comment