Wednesday, February 3, 2010

eighth update






So i was looking through my facebook and realized that a ton of girls who were in my hall last year are either engaged or married. I know that usually makes girls feel old, but it makes me feel really young! Things like that just reminds me of how i'm not ready for real life just yet. thank goodness I'm in paris and i don't have to worry about that for now.

like two days ago, when courtney and i were walking up to our gate, like 7 guys walked by. they were dressed in black, had black bandannas around their faces, and were carrying crow bars. they looked like they were up to no good! i'm glad they ignored us when we went through the gate. It was a tad freaky, though. no lie.

The program got changed. I found out from Ariel that at first, the winter program was supposed to be a political science program and that it was really competitive and most the students were already picked out to go. For some reason that director dropped out and was followed by all the students. Ricks stepped in and here i am! cause obviously i wouldn't have made it if it were the political science program (and i'm guessing that's around the same reason i didn't make it for fall) I'm super lucky! poli sci? yuck... even though i plan on doing a little for my major. we brought it up cause i was saying that Ricks seemed like a fairly random guy to be directing one of these. He's not in the french program. He speaks a fair amount but obviously not a ton like some of the other directors. Ricks doesn't seem like he's spent a ton of time in Paris. I really like Ricks, though, I'm super glad he's my director. It just all turned out better for me. :)

I had dinner with the family last night. We had split pea soup some type of american chocolaty nutty cake that fell flat. I told them that the uglier a desert is, the yummier. I also told them grandma made us split pea soup at home and they asked if we had dinner with the family the same way they do. Other than that, we didn't talk much. They commented that church is long and i said i had a lot of homework and they grimaced. Tristan didn't come to dinner and the dad yelled his name really loud while he sat there and it made me jump. good times.

Church yesterday was also pretty good. I sat by this one american guy during our young single adults class and Rosalie was all "be careful, he's going to flirt with you a lot. he flirted with me and brooklyne, and skye the whole time last sacrement when he sat by us." I was all ok... but he didn't flirt with me the whole time but for sacrement he searched out the shoppers and started to flirt with them. I didn't really want to flirt but i couldn't help feeling a little annoyed that he wouldn't flirt with me but flirted with those girls. Ariel pointed out that i didn't flirt with him so that would be why he didn't flirt with me and that the shoppers are shameless flirts. Makes sense. :)

Today i went to French class. Garret brought up that some of the kids are struggling. My french class is... WAS 102 and 201 together. These two kids who were in 102 who hadn't actually taken college french started complaining the whole time about how it was too hard. They were being really rude and basically just wanted an easy grade. I'm not sure what they expected. Now Gerret has to get a new curriculum together for a new 102 class just because they expect to have an easier grade. IDK, the whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way. Now i have less class time for french and it's going to be faster now that it's just 201. Sounds not so great.

I really enjoy spending time with the more shy girls in the group. Shy/quite people always amuse me because they randomly surprise you with something funny that they say. I just like how unexpected they are. it's fun.

I'm also still in a bit of an irritable mood. I think it should go away soon. Being with Courtney all the time scares me away from a mission. I really don't want to deal with companions. I have already whined too much in this email so i won't continue about it. I must be tired.

Yesterday i had to feed myself lunch but we don't have our own food here and nothing is open on sunday. I ended up having two bags of potato chips and two bars of chocolate. after that i was like "that's it! i'm going on a diet!" today I ate two more bars of chocolate, a sugar waffle, ice cream, nutella, and two greasy sandwiches. You can see how well that's going for me... I'm seriously worried about staying skinny. I have no self control!!

It's ok, though, i'm still enjoying my time here in France! I wish i had more to tell you about it in this email. :) love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment